I'm not an expert here but what I understand is: while you can use pfsync to
sync raw connection states the daemon(s) aren't 'aware' of those per-se.  You
basically have 3 options that I can think of..
1. Let the daemon run on the WAN interface of each router and configure your
clients with both IPs2. Use carp (clients configured to point the the single
floating IP)(either of the above will require a client reconnect if the
'active' machine goes down)3. Try to setup an active/active *cluster* scenario
(see #1 below) (leveraging pfsync perhaps).  In order to do so I think you'd
need clustered fs storage (glusterfs, nfs, etc) and maybe even OpenVPN-AS.
If anyone knows how to achieve a full active/active cluster in pfsense I'd love
to know how.
Travis Hansen travisghan...@yahoo.com
[1]
https://docs.openvpn.net/how-to-tutorialsguides/administration/active-active-high-availability-setup-for-openvpn-access-server/

    On Monday, April 25, 2016 2:11 PM, WebDawg <webd...@gmail.com> wrote:

 On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Steve Yates <st...@teamits.com> wrote:

> I missed that also, way back when, thanks.  We had been connecting to
> either router1 or router2's WAN IP.  If router2 is not the CARP master, you
> can connect to it, but it will try to send the response back out through
> router1 so one can't get bi-directional communication.
>
> --
>
> Steve Yates
> ITS, Inc.

OpenVPN I think has failover, multiple hostnames, can you utilize that?
Configure both systems at once?  Two different ports?