El 10/05/2016 a las 10:58 a.m., Vick Khera escribió:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Randy Morgan <ran...@chem.byu.edu> wrote:

Having said that there is some question in my mind as to how this actually
works.  Some of what I read indicates that the aggregation actually causes
the LAGG port to, effectively, operate on QOS functionality, meaning that
it cycles between the two links based on available bandwidth.

From my understanding, a single connection will not use both links, but
multiple connections will be load balanced among them. Thus, don't expect a
single file download to be able to use all 20Mbps of the bandwidth.

Right. LACC is for ethernet connections. If you have two gigabit ethernet cards in a single switch, you can "add" them in a balanced and fault tolerant mode. That is, you can use 2 gigabits ports of your pfsense as one port of 2 gigabit IN YOUR LOCAL network, and if you disconnect one of the two ethernet cables, it still works, but at 1gbps. If you want to add two internet connections "in the same way" you can't do it with a home ISP, you will need to route your internet connections with BGP (as the way ISP and big corporate networks join internet). And thats VERY complicated and expensive (and yes, pfsense can route BGP). What you can do, is to do some balance on the internet connection, some will enter by one uplink or the other one, never by the 2 uplinks at the same time.

Saludos, Juan.