I have about 15 Net5501's OR Lanner FW-7541D's in the field running embedded/Nano on CF cards. There's not enough space on a 1GB CF to upgrade to v2.3. Of course I can upgrade to larger CF cards, however the eventual phase-out of NanoBSD makes me wonder if it's better to install a SATA SSD (or SATA DOM) which would possibly eliminate the need to re-re-factor storage in the near future (e.g with the release of v 2.4, and the phase-out of NanoBSD: https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Upgrade_Guide#Planning_for_the_Future )

Question:
I'd like to ask what solid-state storage others are using on non-NanoBSD installs. If running the "full" version of pfSense, Is it sufficient 'simply' to use a quality wear-leveling SATA DOM, or is it recommended to use something with even better write endurance? I wouldn't have thought the pfSense write load is high, but blog posts from early adopters of SSD's + pfSense seem to have run into write endurance problems. SSD's have improved greatly especially in terms of wear-leveling, over-provisioning etc.. What's a recommended non-disk drive for full pfSense these days?