Hiya,

Recently set up a pfsense box and it works great, very happy with the
functionality, though the web interface is incredibly slow. Wondering if this
is normal or if there's something wrong with my setup.

Going from the dashboard to Firewall > Rules takes 25-30 seconds.

I know that nginx and pf aren't very cpu or memory intensive, and php isn't
perfect but it's fairly quick, so I'm not sure what makes this box so slow to
respond.

Here's the first few lines of dmesg:

FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p3 #1 3ef16fb(RELENG_2_3_1): Tue May 17 19:34:13 CDT 2016

root@ce23-amd64-builder:/builder/pfsense-231/tmp/obj/builder/pfsense-231/tmp/FreeBSD-src/sys/pfSense
 amd64
FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5150  @ 2.66GHz (2660.05-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin="GenuineIntel"  Id=0x6f6  Family=0x6  Model=0xf  Stepping=6

Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x4e3bd<SSE3,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,DCA>
  AMD Features=0x20100800<SYSCALL,NX,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x1<LAHF>
  VT-x: (disabled in BIOS) HLT,PAUSE
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 10737418240 (10240 MB)
avail memory = 10313097216 (9835 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 400
ACPI APIC Table: <INTEL  S5000PAL>
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 2 core(s)
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1

Any related thoughts are appreciated.