There are multiple reasons this suggestion might not work for everyone.

The simplest is the case that you need to temporarily use someone else's
computer to access something.
If you use the dynamic DNS method, you need to have prepared a dynamic DNS
entry for the other person in your pfSense in advance.

Another possible case is that you want to grant access to other people
based on some other application.
For example, you might have an application where people can apply for
access to an API or Database Server.
In this case, you won't want to have to pass the task of updating the
dynamic DNS to the other users.

Moshe

--
Moshe Katz