Oleg -

Glad that helped.

You need the static routes to get the proper traffic sent to the correct
gateway. That floating rule essentially just removes the route-to for traffic
already routed that way.

If you want to run routing protocols, etc, out on the WAN subnet it might be
best to just eliminate the gateway from the WAN interface configuration and
manually set a default gateway + the static routes or the routing protocol to
the other router.

That will disable all of the reply-to and route-to functionality reverting to
the routing table as being authoritative.

It will also make things like automatic outbound NAT not know it is a WAN
interface so those rules will have to be added manually. (If you set manual and
save before deleting the gateway rules for what interfaces are already there
will be created for you.)

That configuration might be incompatible with Multi-WAN to another ISP on
another interface if it is ever added. Especially if the system ever thought
the other WAN was the default gateway. Things would break.

Another option might be moving that second router off of the WAN subnet and
onto it’s own transit network to pfSense.