I know some SFP's are interchangeable between manufacturers, I have done so
in the past. I would suggest giving some network hardware wholesalers a
call and ask them for compatible modules. If you are US based I could give
you a number for the company I buy from.
For the configuration standpoint, the config is saved to a file when you
modify it via the web panel to disk and is persistent between reboots