On Jan 1, 2018, at 2:35 PM, Antonio <m...@geotux.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Its the rules that are under the heading "Additional steps to route WAN
> through tunnel" at the bottom of this page:
>
> https://www.expressvpn.com/support/vpn-setup/pfsense-with-expressvpn-openvpn/
>
> Regards
>
> Antonio

OK those are not rules on OpenVPN or the assigned interface tabs.

You are probably seeing something at the OpenVPN provider responding when you
test from shields up.

To be certain you should packet capture on the OpenVPN interface and see if the
traffic to 80, 81, 443 actually arrives at your location and is responded to.

That is highly doubtful.

For an OpenVPN provider connection, which is essentially a WAN connection, you
should have no rules (which is a default deny all) on the OpenVPN tab or the
assigned interface tab.