-----Original Message-----
From: List [mailto:list-boun...@lists.pfsense.org] On Behalf Of Kyle Marek
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:38 AM
To: pfSense Support and Discussion Mailing List <list@lists.pfsense.org>; Eero
Volotinen <eero.voloti...@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: [pfSense] Configs or hardware?

> This is silly. I shouldn't have to replace my hardware to support a
> feature I will not use...
>
> I shame Netgate for such an artificial limitation...

Who pays the Netgate developers and employee wages? The commercial side, there
is nothing unreasonable about this or hard to comprehend. The fact we get the
fruits
of the labor for free is remarkable.

So the question is, should Netgate pay their developers to maintain features
that
commercial users would never desire, what would their ROI on that be. They may
be able to justify some, but obviously not this one.

I personally don't feel home owner grade hardware is worth their efforts and I
certainly
don't fault them. However, that is only my opinion for what its worth...

jlc