Hi JD,

Op 15-2-2018 om 20:35 schreef ad^2:
Hello all,

I read in the forum (h_t_t_p_s://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=109346.0)
the 255 VHID limitation in CARP is no longer an issue in recent versions. I
cannot find any documentation to support it.

I have a need to host a lot more than 255 virtual IP addresses.

Can someone confirm or deny this. If it's true point me to the
documentation that states this. If not, is there a way around it?

Thanks in advance,

JD

Does the pfSense box have more than 255 interfaces/vlans?
If you need multiple virtual IP's on 1 interface, you can define multiple ip aliases under a single CARP ip. Maybe that helps..

The forum states that the old "Stacked IP Alias VIPs must be inside the same subnet as the CARP VIP upon which they are placed." and that that is nolonger the case.
The limit of max 255 is still there afaik..

Regards,
PiBa-NL