Lachlan Hunt wrote:

Webmaster wrote:

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

Webmaster wrote:

Here's a link to the page:
http://www.gypsydev.us/css/

That DOCTYPE triggers Quirks mode. *Never* use a DOCTYPE that triggers quirks mode ... use Strict:

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>

This did not solve the issue.

http://www.gypsydev.us/css/index4.html

Perhaps not, but it did reveal that you were be relying on the non-standard, undefined, quirky behaviour of quirks mode to get the page to render as intended, because that page doesn't in FF.

You should always work with a DOCTYPE that triggers standards mode and then attempt to solve the problem properly. Luckily, the solution you already found in index3.html will in fact work in standards mode; just fix up the DOCTYPE.

Hello,

I've never heard of this Quirks mode. Do you have any favorite source on the topic that I can read? I am really interested in making my pages/code proper.

Thanks for the help,
Roger