Daniel Nitsche wrote:
> As others have said, I like this better than putting the image in the
> dt. This works in Firefox (Linux and Windows) and Konqueror, but
> breaks in IE 6 (it seems to be ignoring the absolute positioning of
> the image).  Perhaps someone could expand on this to make it work in
> IE?

I missed the preference about the image not being in the DT (makes sense
though).
But in that case, going with "position:absolute" I'd use ULs rather than a
DL so we have different "box context".

<ul>
<li>Title</li>
<li>Img</li>
<li>Some text</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>Title</li>
<li>Img</li>
<li>Some text</li>
</ul>
<ul>
<li>Title</li>
<li>Img</li>
<li>Some text</li>
</ul>

Each UL uses "position:relative" so the nested image is positionned in
relation to that parent. It would need a min-height equals to the height of
the images so the image doesn't spill over the next UL in case there is not
enough content in there (and using "height" for IE will give that element
layout).
The whole thing could be a list too.

Regards,
Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com