Hi Everyone.
I've been working on some posts about what we've learned while building
Yahoo! Tech (http://tech.yahoo.com ). We tried to make it as accessible as
possible and made a number of adjustments after doing user testing with
screen readers.

I just posted a piece about how we got our front-page media space to work
with a screen reader. I had thought the U.F.O. javascript would be
accessible. But screen readers ignored the content when we had to give the
movie a transparent window mode.  We tried to modify the script to use
methods other than visibility:hidden, but we couldn't bypass the Flash
movie's dominance over the hidden content.  We solved this by creating a
secondary div for the screen readers.

Find out more on my blog:
http://www.last-child.com/make-flash-accessible-to-screen-readers-in-transpa
rent-window-mode/

I've got a couple more stories that will be published soon on the Yahoo!
User Interface blog in the near future.

Ted Drake
Front-end Engineer
Yahoo! Tech