Michael Kear wrote:
My new site is not displaying correctly in IE6,
but working fine in Firefox
http://incheckdb.com <http://incheckdb.com/>
The "Around the site" box at the bottom should be almost touching
the left side underneath the main nav menu (and it does in Firefox)
but doesn't.
page: http://incheckdb.com <http://incheckdb.com/ style sheet: http://dev.hgsa/css/hgsaHomePage.css

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately, IE6 loves to contain floats, so it won't allow div#aroundthesite to escape from div#content - this happens here in IE7b2 v7.0.5346.5 (let's get specific!) too.

As far as I can see, you have three options:

1. Live with it(!)

2. Remove the div#content container altogether and set left margins equivalent to the float width to prevent the parts of the page you *don't* wish to wrap under the nav from doing so

3. Move the div#aroundthesite container out of the div#content container

As far as I can see, I'm afraid that changing the markup is your only option here - I can't see a CSS solution. At least, if you decide to amend the output from your CMS, you can fix the extraneous font tags too ;)

cheers,

Stuart