Dear Minh,

I didnt make myself clear sorry. i need a rollver as a gallery, not a little icon, yes i know loading time will scare the users away but its what i need. The problem is that before i made it in a iframe where i change the full background on a rollover, that means i need
to have the controller inside the iframe and THAT i do NOT WANT!!!!

I need this option to be like a rollover in a menu where another layer maybe change and op top of that i want another many layer to be transparent and while the images changes also the many background changes because of the transparency in the background...

I dont want to use Dreamweaver because normally i write all code by hand, and i still want
to have the same control...

Thanks a lot

Michael

Minh D. Tran wrote:

Hi Michael,
I am not an expert on this, but I will try to help you showing the way I do it: For example, your icon would be 80px by 80px, you would want to make an image that is 80px by 160px where the top 80x80 would be your original image and the bottom 80x80 would be your "hover" image, therefore, making your image 80x160. You can put the following icon as a list item with the following css code: Notice the li a:hover contains a background-position of 0px -80px. Basically, when you hover, the background will scoot up, showing the hover part of the image. li a {
 background: #fff url(../images/someimg.png) no-repeat top left;
 background-position: 0px 0px;
 display: block;
height: 80px; width: 80px;
 }
li a:hover { background-position: 0px -80px;
 border: 3px solid #eeddaa;
 }

This effect is also used on my website if you are interested in taking a look. Minh www.m-tran.net <http://www.m-tran.net>
*/Michael Persson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    Dear online friends,

    I need to make an effect that use to be very simple in HTML to my new
    XHTML strict pages
    of new development websites. I have before used a iframe where i
    rollvoer icons inside the iframe
    pages, i feel that this was the worst solution but i used it.

    I will now start to develop some new websites and i need the
    effect of
    the similarity to gallery rollover
    but i do not want to use iframes in this case, i want to try out some
    tricky XHTML instead...

    There must be a solution for this guys??? i have tried to search
    to find
    online but i have not succed yet..

    Anything that will look similar to www.villadeloulia.gr
    photogallery...

    Please anyone

    Michael

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone. Get Yahoo! Messenger with Voice <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman10/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://messenger.yahoo.com>

--
Michael Persson

Miaouli 19, 10554 Athens, Greece
Tel: +30/210/3227400