In XHTML 1.1, name doesn't validate but id does. So we should just do away with name altogether.

"Rev. Kalle Räisänen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thierry Koblentz wrote:
> Minh D. Tran wrote:
>> oh duh! why didn't i think of that. Thanks!
>
> Actually, I believe you should use both (id *and* name).

Not in XHTML 1.1, where name doesn't exist. And it's deprecated in XHTML
1.0, so you shouldn't use it there either.

--
We have become so accustomed to our illusions that we mistake them
for reality. We demand them. And we demand that there always be more of