That is exactly what I think. I wish (as anyone) that every browser
was standards compliant, but they aren´t. And sometimes we ('common'
developers) weigh heavier non standards or purely accesible solutions,
knowing that 95% of the visitors uses "x" configuration and that the
site work there, althoug not for the fifth percent of "y" users. Hate
to say it, hate to do it, but it´s the way I think it works by now...

Regards;
Eugenio.