On Jul 28, 2006, at 7:43 AM, Patrick Haney wrote:
To be honest, I'm not sure why they didn't go with animated GIFs to do this. I'm sure the file size would've been larger, but no plugins are necessary and I've seen plenty of pixel art animations done with GIF.

Can animated GIFs achieves this level of animation?

QT at least is better than WMP or RM format, and it's more accessible for PC users to download than having Mac user download Window Media Player (which Microsoft no longer support Mac platform) and Real Player.

tee