Paul Hempsall wrote:

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any web resources that detail the
default style values given to various elements by browsers (specifically
IE6)?

For example, what are the default IE6 CSS values for body, h1-6, p, etc?

Sandra, Samuel:

I think you're misinterpreting Paul's question. I understand him to be asking what the defaults are for various browsers when *nothing* is specified by CSS. Not that I have an answer - does anyone know if browsers have a set of inbuilt CSS rules that they refer to in the absence of any overriding stylesheet file?

Hmm - OK, answers own question - FF on my Mac, with a little digging (Firefox.app > Show Package Contents > Contents/MacOS/res/) coughs up a file called html.css - which *appears* to contain the defaults.

There's a bunch of others, too:
forms.css
mathml.css
platform-forms.css
quirk.css
ua.css
viewsource.css

Caveat: I can code web pages, but I can't build browsers. Edit at your own risk!

Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/