Eric Meyer came up with one of the easiest ways to do this in an accessible manner.

Use a question like this: What color is an orange?

Now that may require someone knowing what an orange is, but you could do something like this.

To make sure you aren’t a computer, I’m going to ask a very simple question. My name is Marissa.  What is my name? [insert input box]

A petition isn’t going to solve anything. The major internet companies are already aware of captcha problems. The above solution works great for a personal site or small business. When you are Craigslist, amazon, yahoo, etc a more robust technique is needed to foil the bad guys.

Ted

www.last-child.com