New Zealand government websites should have the New Zealand government web
standards applied to them, that Te Papa fails miserably :D

-----Original Message-----
From: listdad@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Rachel May
Sent: Friday, 4 August 2006 12:28 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] Support for Macs and Firefox (was Support for IE5/Mac?)

Seeing as we're on a big rant here I might as well add my 2c!

Today I went to New Zealand's National Museum website - Te Papa.  I searched
for the information I was after (about native spiders) and came across the
content and then - woah.  The layout was all wrong (content was at bottom of
the page) and all the content was overlapping so I couldn't even read it.
This is a CSS driven site so I emailed them, let them know of the problem,
because it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

The reply I got said:
"Unfortunately, the website is not designed to work with Safari, Firefox or
Mozilla browser technology."

This website is a government site - therefore should be support
accessibility and web guidelines - and is our national museum and icon...