Just an observation:  While I'll agree that in certain situations
frames are very inaccessible, their behavior cannot always be replaced
with CSS.   Why use frames, you ask???  Consider a web application
(not a content site).  My menu bar is fixed, maintains state, and I
don't want it to reload every time the content frame reloads (thus
saving bandwidth).  Now, AJAX aside, CSS alone will not give you this.
And as a writer of web applications (not sites), it frustrates me to
no end that the W3C is abandoning useful features like these (and
others)...I will admit that they have been wrongly used in the past,
but is that any reason to get rid of them ????

Just my $.02.....

Mike