From: "Dave Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A few days ago, my browsers ended up on http://www.microsoft.com/nz/msdn/team.aspx after reading a few stories about IE7 and the fact that it won't be W3C standards compliant like nearly every other browser (e.g. various Mozilla Gecko-based browsers like Firefox, KHTML-based browsers like Safari and Konqueor, and Presto-based browsers like Opera, etc.).

Out of mild curiosity, I looked at some of the Microsoft staff blogs linked to from the above page, and again, for the fun of it, ran them through the W3C validator at
http://validator.w3.org/check/referer
(I use the Firefox web developer extension - a must have for those that don't already use it)

The IE WebDev toolbar is pretty cool, too... but so is having the W3C validator bookmarked (works in all browsers). I think you've raised some serious issues and I would hope that a criminal investigation ensues.

We have a few errors here and there, I'm sure, too - so please don't check us out too carefully ;-)

--
Al Sparber
PVII

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".