Hi all,

Long time since I posted for help, however...

I'm embedding the Windows Media Player in a site and want to play a wmv
file. My original code for XHTML 1.0 compliant markup is -

<object id="winmedia" type="video/x-ms-wmv" data="full URL" width="320"
height="285" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...">
<param name="src" value="full URL" />
<param name="autostart" value="0" />
<param name="controller" value="true" />
</object>

As far as I know, this should work. It does in IE but FF 1.5.0.7 coughs and
dies sporadically and takes an age to initialise and load.

I've Googled for definitive resolutions on this (as well as hitting
Mozilla's FAQ page) but I'm fast becoming disillusioned.

If I may, I need an accurate, definitive resolution to this ASAP.

Many thanks,

Mike

Accessible Web Developer
Internet SEO and Marketing Analyst