David Dorward wrote:
On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 10:40:37PM +0100, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
And speaking of XHTML 1.0, I was surprised to also find a lot of presentational attributes still left in the table-related elements (table, tr, th, td, col etc), even in strict. Surely width, border, cellspacing, cellpadding, valign, halign could have been expunged from strict?

The design predates CSS 2, so there wasn't a suitable alternative.

XHTML 1.0 is dated 26 January 2000, while CSS 2 is 12 May 1998 ... or am I missing something here?

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com