Title: Re: [WSG] *Pure* CSS drop down menu
FWIW, what we have done in the past uses JS timers as mentioned to auto hide the drops when not moused on as well as JS to show/hide layers (the drop menus). Otherwise, if JS is off, the main nav button that would have triggered the drop is clickable, bringing you to a section home/landing with a sub nav of the missed drop menu items.

Hope that makes sense.

HTH