Hi Dan,

you forgot to mention that they have an extension for Firefox too, and the best of all is, that our site is flagged with red, because we have been linking to WebAIM www.webaim.org,
and we had to delete all our links to them too.

Best,

John

Dan Johnson wrote:
Greetings Fellow Standardistas,
   Tonight, My colleague and I had to remove all links to the
WebStandardsGroup.com web site from our own site. Why, might you ask?
Here are the nasty details.
   McAfee has created a tool called "SiteAdvisor" which rates whether or
not pages are good, bad, or marginal, based on installation of
spyware/adware, generating spam e-mails, etc. Oddly enough, the WSG site
made it into the "marginal" category, being flagged with a bright yellow
exclamation point rather than the green checkmark or the dreaded red X.
This seems to be due to the fact that SiteAdvisor's software entered its
e-mail address to join the group. Their software considers the fact that
it received 192 e-mails in the following week to be evidence that the
WSG page generates e-mail spam for submitted addresses.
   The SiteAdvisor tool integrates into Internet Explorer, placing a
colorful icon next to search results. Of course, no one wants nasty spam
or spyware, so they won't click on yellow or red links. Isn't that nice
of McAffee?
   We had another link on our site to a red site. It is a red site
because it includes some advertising of a less-than pleasant reputation.
By association, our site also became red. Guilt by association. Joe
McCarthy would be proud. Big Brother is, indeed, watching.

--
John S. Britsios
Web Architect & Marketing Consultant

Webnauts Net (Main Office)