On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:06:11 -0400, TomGou wrote:
> I'm not a CSS newbie, and not a CSS Pundit either. What I'd like to
> know, is there anything inherently wrong with using percentages for
> a three column floated layout?
>
> Say my outermost container is 720px wide, is it problematic if the
> column div widths are 23%, 52%, and 25%

Dissenting only a little from other replies, I would suggest using
percentages that add up to just shy of 100%. 99% may do, but
test thoroughly.

Reason for using percents for fixed width layout? Should you decide
to change the width, or make it ems or whatever, you won't need
to recalculate the individual widths.

Avoid putting margins or padding on these columns. If you need either,
put them on the elements or an extra DIV inside the structural
containers.

To answer you directly - No, I see nothing wrong at all.

Cordially,
David
--
www.hucklesby.com