On Oct 23, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote:

This is real strange: I am trying to change the style of a link when the user tabs onto it with the keyboard. I assumed that the active pseudo class
would do the job, but maybe I am wrong?

Here the code to my example: http://www.prototype.net.au/test.html

I would love for the link to turn red when the user tabs onto it. But
Firefox doesn't do it at all and IE6 does it if I first tab onto it and then
move the mouse over it. (?!)

Am I overestimating the abilities of the active pseudo class?

You should use the :focus pseudo-class in this case.
a:active points to the moment you click the link, or hit the return key if you use the keyboard (activate the link).

IE win is broken here. It doesn't recognise the a:focus pseudo-class, and treats a:active as if it were a:focus instead, and even then...

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>