Promoting it's use, Lachlan?

For crying out loud, it's my experiments site where I fool around with
stuff. I'm not telling anyone to use this stuff. Frankly, based on the
number of feed subscribers I have I'm surprised it's as popular as it is. It
was never meant to be anything more than a playground for my own use. I
owned the domain name so I decided to put it to some use. Of course all of
this is written on the site so I'm really just repeating myself. I did add
some content as it pertains to trying to make the stuff on there forward
compatible and accessible when I realized people were following the content.
I do try to make quality experiments. And people are welcome to use them if
they want.

That said, I don't see where detecting OSs/browsers to deliver a specific
styles in a pinch using PHP is outdated. It seems to me it's a quick and
easy solution if someone gets stuck as I describe on the script text page
and in the summary. As far as people spoofing browsers, I suppose if some
cracker doesn't get the right style info I won't be too worried about it.
It's not meant to support a security function at all. I do have one script
on the site that does have a security function (hiding email) but due to
browser spoofing I write in no uncertain terms that it shouldn't be relied
upon (even through I've never gotten a single spam email on that address
since I posted it -- knock on wood).

Regarding the purpose of the script: I state why I made it and what it's
used for right on the site. Please read that instead of making me write it
again. That would save us both some time and not waste the time of the list
subscribers. I know I'm busy and really lack the time and energy to defend
my having an experiments site on the web and trying to learn stuff. I know
you're a real popular man, and all that, but you seem to come across
aggressively at times. I really have no appreciation for that. I asked for a
quick favor from the members to check something because I'm not a Mac user,
I got a response, then returned with a thank you. This doesn't really have
to turn into some argument does it?

Respectfully,
Mike Cherim