On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:04:16 +0000, Tony Crockford wrote:

> I have many clients and most of them have no idea about resetting the
> default size, and as for *their* clients - the web site commissioning
> businessman -  even fewer understand there's a choice of browsers, let
> alone settings you can fiddle with...
>
> I wish there were a way to collect data on how users have set font-size
> in their browsers, we'd have some better facts then...
>
> [...] so I guess I'll just stick to
>
> body {font-size: 100%}
>
> to prevent IE6 going daft.

Hi Tony,
I'd say that's a good conclusion from the good advice you have read.

But be aware that not only *browser* settings affect font sizes.
Windows users who have high definition laptops are likely to have
the factory setting for resolution at 120 DPI. This displays 100%
font size to 20px in IE and Opera, 16px in most other browsers.

Since your clients have Macs, they are unlikely to notice.  ;)

Cordially,
David