Hi Peter, I was going to recommend textmate, but realize it doesn't has PC version

http://www.macromates.com/

Regards,
tee

On Nov 9, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Peter Firminger wrote:

Well, Peter, I think you'd just need to attach one of the WYSIWYGs to
the textarea you create on-the-fly, the only difference would
be raising
the "onload"/initialization events not after a page loads,
but after you
replace the text element with the textarea element, it sounds pretty
straightforward in theory.

This is the problem. I am really not good at JavaScript and all my attempts
have failed, hence my asking here.

I can't believe that no-one has this functionality available off- the-shelf yet, even to purchase (it's for a large client so paying for it isn't an
issue).