Dwain Alford wrote:
but it's supposed to be up to standards, yes?

Not according to those who have created it.
They have only said that IE7 is "up to _some_ of the standards" :-)

I would start by deleting 'width: 10%' on #valid, and 'width: 100%' on
.wsg, .xhtml, .css.  Those width-values only affects IE/win anyway, and
with the dimensional "fixes" in IE7 they'll probably affect that version
in the wrong way. Once they are gone the problem may be gone too.

Then I would add...
#valid {clear: right;}
...to make sure it stays in place even on really wide windows - in all
browsers.

Disclaimer: I still haven't bothered to download IE7, so I'm only
guessing about its bugs and fixes.

regards
        Georg
--