On 14 Dec 2006, at 17:46:58, Rob O'Rourke wrote:

Nick Fitzsimons wrote:
On 13 Dec 2006, at 22:18:42, Rob O'Rourke wrote:

I need to get control of what hasLayout and what doesn't before I can work out what's really going on.

Use Microsoft's IE Developer Toolbar's DOM Inspector:

<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? familyid=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en>

It will allow you to walk through the DOM tree for your page; "hasLayout" will show up in the "Styles" pane for all elements having that most peculiar property.

I like it, thanks!

No problem :-)

I need to turn google toolbar off to use it though, tried outlining inputs and it crashed my PC. It doesn't surprise me in the least though...

Nor me :-( Have you checked you have the latest version of Google Toolbar? I know the two have had problems running together in the past, but thought there'd been a fix. (Still, it's only a Beta.)

I'm getting a mac for christmas =]

A Mac is for life, not just for Christmas :-)

Cheers,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons