i have a js menu that i finally got to work.  i have a couple of questions.
one pertains to the menu and one pertains to best practices with regard to
the menu and site.

1.  the menu operates as expected, except that only on the index page is the
sub-<li> background transparent and the copy and the menu gets all jumbled
together in ie 6 and 7 and is unreadable.

http://www.studiokdd.com/sandbox/index.html

for comparison:

http://www.studiokdd.com/sandbox/christian-abstract-art-religious-icons.html

http://www.studiokdd.com/sandbox/annunciation.html

css:  http://www.studiokdd.com/css/studiokdd.css

       http://www.studiokdd.com/css/kddindipix.css

javascript:  http://www.studiokdd.com/scripts/kddmenu.js

this is a strange phenomenon for me.  i have been looking and altering the
code for a week or two now and i can't see the forest for the trees.  would
someone have a look tell me if i missed something?

2.  since there are those who surf the web with javascript turned off, would
best practices be to make the main link go to a separate page to access the
fly out links?  maybe i have answered my own question, but i would like to
get some feedback, since i haven't looked closely at thierry's accordion
menu yet.

i hope everyone enjoyed the first part of the holiday season (if you
celebrate it).  have a good new year and i'll hoist a glass of spirits to
you all.

dwain