On 1/13/07, Tom Roper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone,
Just to say I'm a new member, and this is my first post, but I know people
who have been using this for a while, and I know what a great bunch you all
are!

The problem I've got a the minute is I've built a page for a client, but
now she would like shadow on either side of the page, I know it would be
possible to do it in photoshop/gimp, but the background image is quite
complicated, so to 'cut out' the main section, and paste it back with shadow
would mess up the look of the background image.

So I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on what to do, or even if
there is a bit of code that could be implemented?

The page is still in development, and is not live, but if you would like
to view it, I have uploaded an image to my Flickr account, so you can see
what I'm talking about. The URL is:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tom_r07/355733167/

Hi Tom!

One option would be a use of png image for shadows... but as they are not
supported by all browsers (like IE6 of corse..) that would not be the best
solution. If you decide to use this option, you could create eg. 2
stylesheets...  one for browsers that do not support png and one for those
which do support it. so.. you could ad like 20px padding to the wrapper and
ad a png background image to it.

You could also create one background image, that wuld be quite big in
width... something like 1700 px... that wuold contain middle space as wide
as the site is, with added shadows on both sides...

Mihael