  From: McNally, Peter R
  To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
  Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 12:23 AM
  Subject: [WSG] Setting focus and JAWS

  Hello,

  I am currently working on testing a Web app and I am running into a problem
testing with JAWS 7.0.   I was wondering if anyone out there had any similar
experiences and/or can offer any suggestions on how I can resolve the issue.
Does what I describe seem like a bug with JAWS or an issue with the way we are
coding?

  We are using JavaScript to set focus to an anchor on the same page. It seems
that focus gets set to the target anchor some of the time. Other times focus
gets set either at the top of the page or at the location near source link. It
seems to be random when focus get set correctly.  From reading different
sources setting focus using JavaScript should work with JAWS. I have also tried
JAWS 7.10 and have encountered a similar problem, - not the same thing, but it
still does not work.

  I was wondering if anyone knows of any bugs with JAWS and setting focus to a
named anchor using JavaScript?
  P.S., focus get set correctly without JAWS, i.e., using the mouse or the
keyboard (tabbing and pressing enter on the source link).

  Thanks,

  Pete

  Peter McNally
  Massachusetts New MMIS Usability Manager
  EDS - User Experience
  Boston, MA USA

  ( Phone:+1-617-428-8893 )
  + mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]