> You might like to check out a roundup I did of dropdown menus
> with comments made on their accessibility etc.:
>
> http://www.tyssendesign.com.au/articles/css/dropdown-low-down/

That's a great summary, John.

FWIW, I use Infinite Menus. The issue of opening new windows when tabbing to
submenus may be due to its habit of inserting target="_new" as a default for
all links. It's an annoying habit, but the ability to edit the menus with a
text editor makes it easy to fix.

There may also be some confusion with their pure javascript, pure CSS and
combo javascript/CSS menu models. The pre CSS option should work with
javascript turned off, but its code has even more "complicated CSS".

I get mostly positive feedback on accessibility issues with IM, but I'll
definitely be exploring some of the others you describe.

Ricky