[Now that I have your attention]

Ninemsn have a new website, currently in beta, demo it here:
http://beta.ninemsn.com.au/

I like it, big improvement. You have come a long way nineMSN - congrats to
design/development team.

The positives:
- easy on the eye, with a focus on information rather than advertising
- good information architecture
- navigation menu as lists
- good cross browser capability
- nice use of AJAX throughout (though nothing appears to have been done in
terms of focussing on the dynamic content after it is rendered leaving screen
readers unaware of what has happened - tested with browse mode off in
window-eyes)
- use of access keys (albeit only 2 instances)

Not so positive:
- i'd like a link to their rss feeds from the homepage
- top level navigation options (lifestyle, entertainment) do not link anywhere
with Javascript off - this is a pity since I am often on my mobile browsing
news sites and having js turned on isn't always my preferred mode. Funny that
they have not at least placed a default href in the navigation for these menu
options - they have elsewhere, for example in 'Your Guide' section on the RHS
all link out to relevant sites with Javascript off
- inline styling
- empty alt tags
- popups (target=X)

Other:
- minimum browser width of 1024 (SMH, News and now nineMSN. Crikey.com.au are
running min width 800 :-)

Anyone else want to share their views with regards to the new nineMSN website
(currently in beta)

Kind regards,
Brad