I disagree, Captchas are accessible - providing you supply an audio
alternative of course.

On 2/15/07, Michael MD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I seem to be going through a spate of getting spam in a form on one of
> my sites (the one in the link, below, actually.)
>
> So I tried using PHP to randomly display an image and getting the form
> user to input what it says.
>
> I still get spam!   I'm presuming that this is because the spammer will
> work with javascript turned off, making the js checkform routine useless?

you appear to be doing the checking with javascript client side... that
won't stop spam robots (which ignore javascript) or any browser without
javascript,

You need to do checking for the correct answer on the server - in the php
script.

btw it also might be a good idea to include some kind of id (that can
related to the ip of the browser) as a hidden field in the form so you can
check that
the ip of the browser used to submit the form is the same as when the form
was loaded in the browser
(a lot of spambots use fake ips when posting - so checking that will in
itself keep a lot of them out, unfortunately not all of them though)

James