       This is a one-way list for WSG Announcements
This email covers:
- Links for light reading
- WSG and Industry events
- Industry related jobs (3 jobs)

If you have an event, resource or relevant job you'd like posted (from any
country), please let me know - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----------------------------------
LINKS FOR LIGHT READING
----------------------------------

This weeks "links for light reading" are also available here (for those who
click on the links below and find that they are broken):
<http://www.maxdesign.com.au/2008/01/15/some-links-158/>

Accessible Flash banner ad guidelines
http://www.rnib.org.uk/wacblog/flash/accessible-flash-banner-ad-guidelines/

Three steps to a small business Web 2.0 website
http://www.sbtechnologymagazine.org/magazine/read/archives/articles/article.
php?ProposalOnlineID=891

A Savvy Approach to Copyright Messaging
http://powazek.com/posts/867

Solutioneering, or putting solutions before problems
http://www.blueflavor.com/blog/strategy/solutioneering_or_putting_solutions_
before_problems.php

Becoming a Freelance Web Worker: Part 4, Working Anywhere
http://freelanceswitch.com/working/becoming-a-freelance-web-worker-part-4-wo
rking-anywhere/

Javascript CSS Selector Engine Timeline
http://paul.irish.aurgasm.us/2008/javascript-css-selector-engine-timeline/

A quick idea: JavaScript version controlling for static HTML documents
http://www.wait-till-i.com/2008/01/14/a-quick-idea-javascript-version-contro
lling-for-static-html-documents/

101 CSS Techniques of All Time
http://www.noupe.com/design/101-css-techniques-of-all-time-part-1.html

Podcasting Equipment Guide
http://hivelogic.com/articles/podcasting-equipment-guide/

Bombshell: Google and Facebook Join DataPortability.org
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/goog-fb-data.php

With (Facebook) friends like these
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

Is Google Œwhite bread for young minds¹?
http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2008/is-google-white-bread-for-young-minds/

8 More Design Mistakes with Account Sign-in
http://www.uie.com/articles/account_design_mistakes_part2/

What PHP Deployment Gets Right
http://blog.ianbicking.org/2008/01/12/what-php-deployment-gets-right/

OLPC XO-1