What I would like to see is batteries that are made to
fit on a bike.  To clarify, we are trying to fit a
square peg in an almost round hole.  This empty space
from all the batteries to the edges might be enough to
fit another battery and a half.  The way I figure it,

A buddy of mine had a pack made to fit his scooter (the stand up kind). I can't remember the name of the place but he's quite happy with them. His pack is a bunch of D cells strung together. I don't even remember what technology they are. I have a memory like a steal thingamajig.

Anyway, this pack was quite small at 24v (don't remember ah rating) but to do the same thing for a full sized bike would be cost prohibitive.

--

The Electric Motorcycle Portal
http://www.electricmotorcycles.net/

Electric Motorcycle Listserv