My Kelly controller (KD72301) failed the other day after 500 miles and
~4 months. The wiring was correct and I'm fairly easy on the controls.

The motorcycle started driving on its own and I had to cut the power
to avoid hitting the car in front of me (I was at a red stoplight when
it went nuts). The controller was dead, but the motorcycle started
driving (full power) any time the main power switch was turned on. It
happened after going down a ~0.5 mile gradual down hill with a bit of
regen. Kelly sent me another one right away.

-Lennon