From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Paul Noone
Sent: Fri 28/11/2008 11:43 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] VS Project type for feature - a few questions

Hi all,

I finally have some developer questions! This is my first foray into creating a
feature for MOSS so please be gentle. J

I have created a custom list action and a 'copy item' command for the ECB and
would now like to deploy them with a single feature.

I now have the following files and folder structure:

CopyDeleteAll.ListActions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\CEOCopyDeleteAllListAction\feature.xml

CopyDeleteAll.ListActions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\CEOCopyDeleteAllListAction\actions.xml

CEO.CopyDeleteAll.ListActions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\myCustomPages\CopyListItemECB.aspx

CEO.CopyDeleteAll.ListActions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\myCustomPages\DeleteAllListAction.aspx

So far so good.

I would now like to wrap everything up in a solution but WSPBuilder Extensions
expects a project file.

So...

Questions:

-      What type of  project file should I start with for something like this?
I have the VSeWSS for VS 2008 installed.

-      Do I install on the application server or (one of) the web front ends?

-      Can I set the scope to Site?

-      Is there anything preventing me from just copying the files to their
destination manually?

-      Does this require an IIS reset?

-      Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance,

Paul