Hi Stephen,

You are having a tricky few days :)

Sometimes LINQ to SQL config issues can arise when you have your LINQ classes
in another assembly...

If this is the case you may be able to get around it by following these steps:

*         In you LINQ to SQL designer (on the dbml file) - go to Properties and
remove the Connection field.

*         This re-creates the LINQ class with a new constructor that wasn't
there before you can utilise to override connection strings

*         Create a new cs file to house a partial class:
public partial class MainDataDataContext
    {
        public MainDataDataContext() :

base(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["someConnSring"].ConnectionString,
 mappingSource)
        {
            OnCreated();
        }
    }

MainDataDataContext is the same class that was created by the LINQ designer.
This way you can explicitly control your connection string.

Regards,
Jordan Knight
Readify - Senior Developer
Suite 206 Nolan Tower | 29 Rakaia Way | Docklands | VIC 3008 | Australia