Off-topic, but interesting never-the-less...

>From wikipedia:

"Quite often domestic audiences have affectionately referred to the BBC as
the Beeb, or as Auntie; the latter originating in the somewhat fuddy duddy
Auntie knows best attitude dating back to the early days when John Reith was
in charge."

"Auntie: The Inside Story of the BBC"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0128867/

On 3/20/06 6:59 AM, "phlbrck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:36:34 -0500, Michael Spencer wrote:
>> More importantly, I'd like to know just what sort of program 'Auntie'
>> might be? :-)
>
> Me too, that's why I downloaded it in the first place. Auntie displays
> headlines from the BBC. Don't know how the name got invented.
>
> Ken Philbrick

  • Andrew J. Cowell € http://www.ajcowell.info € [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      ³God does not play dice with the universe: He plays an ineffable game
of His
      own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of
the
      other players [i.e. everybody], to being involved in an obscure and
complex
      variant of poker in a pitch-dark room, with blank cards, for infinite
stakes,
      with a Dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the
time.²

           (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens, ISBN: 0552137030)