Angelos,
We will be running into our usual problem of having major decision points happening over the Christmas holiday period. (Possibly more of a issue for us in the Southern Hemisphere because it is our long summer holiday period). However, moving a few weeks either way doesn't really help much.

One thing I suggest we consider is whether we decide to drop back to 1 release per year. OSGeo-Live is more stable than it used to be, and I question the return-on-effort we gain by putting out 2 releases per year.

Warm regards, Cameron.

On 13/10/2016 12:20 AM, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
On 2016-10-12 14:45, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
So to keep schedule somehow balanced, I think we need to move 10.5
release a bit in order to keep the 6 month cycle. Instead of targeting
for 10th of March, I propose we go for 10th of February this year.

Can you please review and comment on the proposed dates?
Is anyone aware of an important date/conference around February/March
that we should target for?

Note that the OSGeo-Live 10.5 cycle overlaps the key release dates for the next Debian stable release:

 [2016-Nov-05] Transition freeze
 [2016-Dec-05] Mandatory 10-day migrations
[2017-Jan-05] Soft freeze (no new packages, no re-entry, 10-day migrations)
 [2017-Feb-05] Full freeze

This may or may not be a good thing.

From the Soft freeze date packages for Debian will likely be uploaded to experimental if they are not intended for inclusion in stretch.

Kind Regards,