Good news.

Lets see if that will work on Bionic when it is released :)

Best,
Angelos

On 02/14/2018 08:08 PM, Jim Klassen wrote:
Thank you!  It appears to have worked for me.  I have tested the
resulting image under amd64 on BIOS and EFI.  Both boot, and both honor
the persistence.

For reference, I used the following commands to install this from within
a VM booted to the OSGeo Live 11 ISO:
    sudo su
     apt-add-repository ppa:gcpp-kalxas/ppa-tzotsos
     apt update
     apt policy usb-creator-gtk # check the version available in the PPA
     apt install usb-creator-gtk=0.2.67ubuntu2
usb-creator-common=0.2.67ubuntu2