Hi Ross,

We are seeing it take between 14-18 seconds for video to show up when
connecting a VLC player to a remote Live555 proxy server.

When we run the proxy server locally, we see the player take between
3-4 seconds to load video.

At first we suspected it was a bandwidth issue, but in both cases once
the video is streaming the delay when something happens in-real-life
takes only a few seconds to show up in player.

After some debugging it appears that it has something to do with
handshake between the upstream client and the proxy. When running the
server in verbose, we see the following output:

https://gist.github.com/dsshap/1aeb44c4cdd4a90e06e010bfca6f499f

The proxy tells the camera to SETUP and PLAY, then there is a 10sec
delay starting 04:52:47.823, after the delay the proxy closes the
camera stream and reopens it (04:52:57.430). We see the player start
showing video 2 seconds later (04:52:59.290)

Below is an rtsp url we used to consume the stream. Are you able to
see what is causing the 10 sec delay?

rtsp://35.171.178.112:8554/scf5dc26