Thanks, Bob. Since I usually get out to check on the lines, etc., every couple
of weeks during the winter, that’s an easy thing to do.

The next thing I’m going to do is also put a “T” fitting with a valve inline to
the pick-up hose for the water intake thru-hull for the MarineAir ac/heat unit
so I can turn on the heat when I’ve got onboard projects to do during the
winter. That way, re-winterizing would be extremely simple and eliminate the
hassle of undoing hose clamps, etc., to get the pink stuff through the system.

The biggest ‘major’ project I’m thinking about is to refinish the top surface
of the salon table. It’s too much of a hassle to unbolt it to take ashore and
besides, I live in an apartment so I don’t have access to a work area in a
garage or something. That being said, once I do the sanding and prep work I
figure I could apply one or two coats of varnish each weekend and leave the
heat on over Saturday night for as long as it takes to finish the project with
a final coat of polyurethane or something to get that nice protected shiny
finish completed. I had thought about picking up one of those oil-filled
heaters but I’m not a big fan of leaving something with that large an electric
draw unattended overnight.

I have to believe running the MarineAir system for 25-30 hours of use at a time
wouldn’t do any harm.  There have been plenty of times where we’ve been
cruising and ended up in a slip somewhere and turned on the air-conditioning
for 2-3 days of continuous use during those 90-95 degree days we seem to get
around her late July/August.

Steve Weinstein
S/V CAPTIVA
1997 Hunter 376, Hull #376
Sailing out of Oyster Bay, NY

All outgoing mail protected by VIPRE A/V